MBA is about developing a view of life in our pursuit for in Realizing Evolving Achieving and Leading (REAL) this journey about the joy of excellence. MBA is perhaps only universal education programme based on interdisciplinary approach to offer an aptitude focused learning to develop employability skills.
In a young nation, in the era of globalization management education is threshold to immense opportunities.
WHAT IS AN MBA?
(Students seeking admission to MBA please note the following)
- MBA is not at all technical programme, it is all about experiential learning, skill development and professionalism.
- MBA is aptitude based learning so your course should give you a freedom of selection of specialization. Dual specialization with Major and Minor is always better and safe option. Today is not the age of super specialization. One must know that you cannot be good marketer without understanding of Finance and also you cannot be good Financial Analyst without understanding of Marketing strategies. Same case with HR as well.
- MBA is more about contextual learning than textual learning hence requires skills of analysis, presentation, inferences, forecasting, networking and creative thinking. The focus is not just on the science of knowledge but the Art of application. MBA follows an everyday performance evaluation strategy which not only makes annual/ university exams a routine and easy process but requires a learning environment distinct and separate from UG programmes.
How to Select your B School?
The students aspiring for MBA should get a first hand feel of the following aspects of the B school by visiting the institution.
- Most important criterion for selection of institution is the Faculty It is not about University, university can only provide you degree but mentors will shape your attitude.
- MBA is about experiential learning, skill development and professionalism.
- MBA is more about contextual learning than textual learning hence requires skills of analysis, presentation, inferences, forecasting, networking and creative thinking. The focus is not just on the science of knowledge but the Art of application. College providing you his opportunity should be your college
- If you do not feel like being in the campus you will never feel like learning hence it is important to know the Infrastructure and Learning Resources like Computer Lab, Lecture Halls, Library, auditorium, technical resources, and sports facilities.
- Alumni and Students Feedback – they are the best and most honest brand ambassadors that an institution can have.
- Skill and Value Added Programmes are the real USPs of an institution.
- Industry interface and placements indicates pedagogy and industry acceptability of students of the institution.
- AICTE Approval and University Affiliation – University is the degree awarding body but the learning is unique and differs in individual institutions.
- Brand Image of an institution – Every Institution represents a brand image and a reputation. Choose accordingly.
MBA aims to instill the sense of professionalism which is represented in 7 H Principle – Honesty, Health, Harmony, Honor, Humility, Humor and Happiness.
MBA is an investment in terms of time and money, so invest wisely and maximize returns.
Sushant Joshi, Dean (Administration), Jain College of MCA & MBA, Belagavi, Karnataka
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Cell No : +91 9886635260
Sandeep Nair, Dean (Academics), Jain College of MCA & MBA, Belagavi, Karnataka
Email: email@example.com | Cell no: +91 9986763865